What is Limmud Toronto?
This festival of Jewish learning, culture and the arts brings people of all backgrounds together to experience the rich diversity of Jewish heritage and contemporary thinking.
See things from a different perspective, hear other voices
Learn from passionate Presenters from a diversity of backgrounds, religious observance, community involvement, political stances and cultural beliefs.
Explore, discover, connect
Encounter exciting ideas, engage in meaningful conversations, and build relationships with Participants and Presenters from across the spectrum of the Jewish world.
Think globally. Attend locally
Reflecting the diversity, talent and energy of Canada’s biggest city, and biggest Jewish community, Limmud Toronto is multicultural, multidenominational and multimedia.
In Hebrew, “Limmud” means “learning” – and that’s what it’s all about. We are a community that creates a time and a place where you can craft your own Jewish experience, explore your connection to Jewish ideas and traditions, and meet people who share your curiosity and enthusiasm.
Limmud Toronto is a one of a kind festival experience celebrating all of the richness that Jewish identity can offer.
Wherever you find yourself, Limmud Toronto will take you one step further along your Jewish journey.
In the news
October 4, 2018 – CJN
MUCH TO LOOK FORWARD TO AT THIS YEAR’S LIMMUD TORONTO FESTIVAL
> Read the article
Our past events
- 2004 – Peter Sevitt brought Limmud to Toronto
- 2004 – over 45 sessions, 400+ participants @ University of Toronto
- 2007 – nearly 500 attendees @ University of Toronto
- 2008 – 3 short “Taste of Limmud” programs in Toronto (March, June, September)
- 2009 – 400+ people @ University of Toronto (February)
- 2009 – 65 people at the Food & Eco Judaism Taste of Limmud (October)
- 2014 – Limmud Toronto Board brings Limmud back to Toronto
- 2015 – 75 sessions, 400+ people @ Alliance Francaise
- 2016 – over 120 people at the YidLife Crisis show @ CSI Annex
- 2016 – 680 attendees, 85+ presenters, 88+ sessions @ St. Andrew’s Club & Conference Centre (March)
- 2016 – sessions @ Schwartz/Reisman Centre (September)
- 2017 – 600 attendees, 88+ presenters, 90+ sessions @ St. Andrew’s Club & Conference Centre (March)