Why are we seeking volunteers?
Limmud Toronto, like all Limmud events worldwide, is volunteer-run and volunteer-driven. We need YOU to help make it happen!
I want to get involved with Limmud Toronto, what can I do?
- You can help us promote our festival and calls for Presenters through word of mouth, and online through sharing our newsletter, Twitter posts, Facebook posts and event pages, and Instagram photos. Join our newsletter and forward information and promotions to your colleagues, friends and family, and community members
- You can join one of our teams: Programming, Logistics, Marketing. See the “Join the Team” tab to learn more about each of our teams.
- You can offer services, products, sponsorships, and partnerships for our events – to start, email email@example.com with your offer. To find out more about sponsorship opportunities click here
- You can help us get ready for the festival day in the evening of Wednesday October 24 by printing badges, packing supplies, organizing lists, etc. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for times and places – drop in or come for the whole evening
- You can be a day-of support for our events – Email email@example.com for shift information to help out on Sunday, October 28, 2018
I am a high school student – can I get community service hours?
Yes! Please be sure to bring with you any form from your high school that needs to be signed.
If I am a volunteer, why do I also need to register and pay to attend Limmud?
One of the principles of Limmud Toronto, like other Limmuds worldwide, is that we are all Participants and all volunteers. Many people give considerable amounts of time to Limmud, whether presenting, organizing, serving on a team, being a day-of volunteer – and we all pay to attend. That said, those who volunteer at our day-long event are not scheduled for more than 3 hours so that day-of volunteers at our annual event are able to enjoy Limmud programming for at least half of the day – we offer those volunteering for more than 3 hours a discounted rate. Special arrangements can be made for those who cannot afford the regular price.
High school students who are volunteering for community service hours and will not be attending sessions are not required to pay and register separately with the logistics coordinator.